Forget the crap that is happening in Washington DC right now! Cliff or no cliff, one must be prepared to deal with things as they come. I, for one, have lots to look forward to in 2013! In chronological order:
- Enjoying IU basketball being among the nation’s elite programs (Go Hoosiers!)
- Celebrating the 20 year anniversary of the 1st date with a beautiful young woman who would become my wife!
- Watching my kids play their respective sports (volleyball and lacrosse)
- Finishing my MBA(!!!!!)
- Speaking at the Louisiana SHRM Conference (which will allow me get to see so many of my great HR/social media friends!)
- Getting to read lots of non-school related books again (recommendations?)
- Turning 40 (hey, it beats the alternative)
- Attending my first SHRM National Conference (in Chicago, which is one of my favorite places to go!)
- Being part of the team for HR Indiana (August 28-30th)
And those are just the things I know about right now! There will certainly be more highlights so bring on a great year! Happy New Year to all of you and may you all feel as fortunate as I do.